- ADIFOR - automatic differentiation for the computation of sparse Jacobians.
- AMD - Approximate minimum degree orderings.
- AnaMod - a library of matrix analysis modules; part of the Salsa project.
- BLAS and LAPACK
- CUSP - a C++ templated sparse matrix library for CUDA GPUs.
- Chaco - a graph partitioning package.
- ESSL - IBM's math library for fast sparse direct LU factorization.
- FFTW - Fastest Fourier Transform in the West, developed at MIT by Matteo Frigo and Steven G. Johnson.
- HDF5 - the data model, library, and file format for storing and managing data.
- Hypre - the LLNL preconditioner library.
- LUSOL - sparse LU factorization and solve portion of MINOS, Michael Saunders, Systems Optimization Laboratory, Stanford University.
- MUMPS - MUltifrontal Massively Parallel sparse direct Solver.
- ParMeTiS - parallel graph partitioner.
- Party - a graph partitioning package.
- PaStiX - a parallel LU and Cholesky solver package.
- PTScotch - a graph partitioning package.
- SPAI - for parallel sparse approximate inverse preconditioning.
- SPRNG - The Scalable Parallel Random Number Generators Library.
- Sundial/CVODE - the LLNL SUite of Nonlinear and DIfferential/ALgebraic equation Solvers.
- SuperLU and SuperLU_Dist - robust and efficient sequential and parallel direct sparse solves.
- Trilinos/ML - ML: Multilevel Preconditioning Package. Sandia's main multigrid preconditioning package.
- SuiteSparse, including KLU, UMFPACK, and CHOLMOD - sparse direct solvers, developed by Timothy A. Davis.
- ViennaCL - Linear algebra library providing matrix and vector operations using OpenMP, CUDA, and OpenCL.
PETSc contains modifications of routines from
- LINPACK (matrix factorization and solve; converted to C using f2c and then hand-optimized for small matrix sizes)
- MINPACK (sequential matrix coloring routines for finite difference Jacobian evaluations; converted to C using f2c)
- SPARSPAK (matrix reordering routines, converted to C using f2c, this is the PUBLIC DOMAIN version of SPARSPAK)
- libtfs (the scalable parallel direct solver created and written by Henry Tufo and Paul Fischer).
Instrumentation of PETSc
PETSc software is developed and maintained with
PETSc documentation has been generated using