- Christopher D. Carothers, Misbah Mubarak, Robert B. Ross, Philip Carns, Jeffrey S. Vetter, and Jeremy S. Meredith. Combining Aspen with massively parallel simulation for effective exascale co-design. In Workshop on Modeling & Simulation of Exascale Systems & Applications (MODSIM 2013), 2013.
- Misbah Mubarak, Christopher D. Carothers, Robert B. Ross, and Philip Carns. Modeling a million-node dragonfly network using massively parallel discrete-event simulation. In 3rd International Workshop on Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computing Systems (PMBS12), 2012.
- Ning Liu, Jason Cope, Philip Carns, Christopher Carothers, Robert Ross, Gary Grider, Adam Crume, and Carlos Maltzahn. On the role of burst buffers in leadership-class storage systems. In Proceedings of 28th IEEE MSST conference, 2012.
- Ning Liu, Christopher Carothers, Jason Cope, Philip Carns, and Robert Ross. Model and simulation of exascale communication networks. Journal of Simulation, 2012.
- N. Liu and C. Carothers, Modeling Billion-Node Torus Networks Using Massively Parallel Discrete-Event Simulation, Proceedings of the 25th ACM/IEEE/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS 2011), Nice, France, June, 2011 [slides, paper]
- J. Cope, N. Liu, S. Lang, P. Carns, C. Carothers, and R. Ross, CODES: Enabling Co-design of Multilayer Exascale Storage Architectures, Workshop on Emerging Supercomputing Technologies (WEST 2011), in conjunction with the 25th International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS 2011), May, 2011 [slides, paper]
- N. Liu, C. Carothers, J. Cope, P. Carns, R. Ross, A. Crume, C. Maltzahn, Modeling a Leadership-scale Storage System, 9th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics 2011 (PPAM 2011) [slides, paper]