Copyright Notice 1994 University of Chicago 1994 Rice UniversityThe ADIFOR 2.0 System is *not* in the public domain. However, it is available for license, without fee, for education and non-profit research purposes. Any entity desiring permission to incorporate this software or a work based on the software into commercial products or otherwise use it for commercial purposes should contact:
Paul Hovland Mathematics and Computer Science Division Argonne National Laboratory 9700 S. Cass Avenue Argonne IL 60439 (630) 252-6384 FAX: (630) 252-5986 firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Fagan Rice University email@example.com
1. The "Software", below, refers to the ADIFOR 2.0 System (in either source-code, object-code or executable-code form) which includes the ADIFOR 2.0 preprocessor, the ADIntrinsics 1.0 system, and the SparsLinC 1.0 library, and a "work based on the Software" means a work based on either the Software, on part of the Software, or on any derivative work of the Software under copyright law: that is, a work containing all or a portion of the ADIFOR 2.0 preprocessor, the ADIntrinsics 1.0 system, or the SparsLinC 1.0 library, either verbatim or with modifications. Each licensee is addressed as "you" or "Licensee."
2. Rice University and the University of Chicago as Operator of Argonne National Laboratory are copyright holders in the Software. The copyright holders reserve all rights except those expressly granted to the Licensee herein and U.S. Government license rights.
3. Licensee shall use the Software solely for education and non-profit research purposes within Licensee's organization. Permission to copy the Software for use within Licensee's organization is hereby granted to Licensee, provided that the copyright notice and this license accompany all such copies. Licensee shall not permit the Software, or source code generated using the Software, to be used by persons outside Licensee's organization or for the benefit of third parties (other than the U.S. Government). Licensee shall not have the right to relicense or sell the Software or to transfer or assign the Software or source code generated using the Software.
4. If you modify a copy or copies of the Software or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Software, and make and/or distribute copies of such work within your organization, you must meet the following conditions:
a) You must cause the modified Software to carry prominent notices stating that you changed specified portions of the Software.
b) If you make a copy of the Software (modified or verbatim) for use within your organization it must include the copyright notice and this license.
5. LICENSEE AGREES THAT THE EXPORT OF GOODS AND/OR TECHNICAL DATA FROM THE UNITED STATES MAY REQUIRE SOME FORM OF EXPORT CONTROL LICENSE FROM THE U.S. GOVERNMENT AND THAT FAILURE TO OBTAIN SUCH EXPORT CONTROL LICENSE MAY RESULT IN CRIMINAL LIABILITY UNDER U.S. LAWS.
6. NEITHER RICE UNIVERSITY, THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT NOR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ASSUMES ANY LEGAL LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, APPARATUS, PRODUCT, OR PROCESS DISCLOSED AND COVERED BY A LICENSE GRANTED UNDER THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, OR REPRESENTS THAT ITS USE WOULD NOT INFRINGE PRIVATELY OWNED RIGHTS..
7. IN NO EVENT WILL RICE UNIVERSITY, THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM EXERCISE OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE LICENSED SOFTWARE.
8. The Federal Government contributed to the development of the Software and has certain rights under agreements with Rice University and with the University of Chicago as Operator of Argonne National Laboratory. Licensee agrees to acknowledge use of the Software in any published document referencing work based on the Software, and supply a copy of the document to Rice University or Argonne National Laboratory.
9. Portions of the Software resulted from work developed under a U.S. Government contract and are subject to the following license: the Government is granted for itself and others acting on its behalf a paid-up, nonexclusive, irrevocable worldwide license in this computer software to reproduce, prepare derivative works, and perform publicly and display publicly.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO, ON BEHALF OF ___________________ (your organization) by ____________________ (Printed Name) Signed ____________________ (Signature) Job Title ____________________ Date ____________________ Email Address ____________________ Phone Number ____________________