Darshan 2.2.8 release
Darshan 2.2.8 is now available for download on the Darshan web site. This release contains a number of bug fixes for problems recently reported on the mailing list. It also includes a few new tools for splitting up Darshan logs based on files opened by the application. The full change log is listed below:
- WARNING: please note that the Darshan module file for Cray environments has been updated, especially in the DARSHAN_POST_LINK_OPTS variable. Please update your module file accordingly when upgrading from 2.2.7 or earlier on Cray platforms.
- Improved ability to analyze I/O activity related to particular files opened by an application
- darshan-summary-per-file.sh script to generate a separate pdf summary for each file opened by an application. Developed by Rob Latham.
- Added –file-list and –file-list-detailed options to darshan-parser to list files opened by an application along with brief statistics
- Added –file option to darshan-convert to filter out activity for a specific file from a Darshan log
- Add wrappers for POSIX AIO operations (fixes tracking of underlying POSIX operations resulting from nonblocking MPI-IO operations. Bug reported by David Shrader.)
- Fix compile-time errors when Darshan is configured for use with MPICH 3.x installations with const correct MPI function prototypes. Also affects MPICH 1.5+ installations with optional const support. Reported by Yushu Yao.
- Fix segmentation fault when using LD_PRELOAD instrumentation on programs that use MPI_Init_thread() rather than MPI_Init(). Reported by Myriam Botalla.