This release primarily enhances portability and adds the option to use LD_PRELOAD for instrumentation rather than link time wrappers. This release does not add any new instrumentation or change the log file format.
- additional environment variables to control log location, jobid and alignment parameters
- additional configure tests to improve portability
- bug fixes for darshan-parser –perf calculations
- support for MPI1.x
- support for OpenMPI
- support for PGI and Intel compilers
- new libdarshan.so dynamic library for use with LD_PRELOAD
The Darshan 2.0.0 release is now available for download. From a user’s perspective, the biggest difference is that you no longer have to run darshan-parser before darshan-job-summary.pl if you just want to see the summary report for a job. The darshan-job-summary.pl script operates directly on the binary .gz files now. We also introduced new characterization counters as well as some additional tables in the summary view. Here is the full change log:
- new output file format that is portable across architectures (NOTE: Darshan 1.x output files are incompatible with the tools in this release unless they were generated on a ppc32 architecture (Blue Gene))
- 8 new counters that record the rank of the fastest and slowest process that opened each shared file, along with the number of seconds and number of bytes consumed by those processes. It also reports the variance in both time and amount of data.
- new –with-jobid-env configure argument to support recording job identifiers from different schedulers
- job ID is now recorded within the Darshan log in addition to in the file name
- opens output files directly without using intermediate darshan-parser output
- table showing data usage per file system
- table showing I/O variance in shared files
- fixes for bugs reported by Noah Watkins:
- avoid name collision in hashing function
- divide by zero error in darshan-job-summary.pl
Darshan 2.0.0 is now available on the download
The Darshan project now has a dedicated mailing list and Trac page. You can find more information in the “bug reports” tab at the top of the Darshan web site.
- bug fixes to darshan-gen-cc.pl and darshan-gen-cxx.pl
- basic testing of darshan-gen-cc.pl with mpich/pgi
- update autoconf so that –with-mpi argument overrides mpicc in path
- fix warnings on 64 bit machines
Darshan 1.1.15 is now available on the download page.
- fixed erroneous incompatibility warning when opening old logs in darshan-parser
Darshan 1.1.14 is now available on the download page.
- updated compiler scripts to fix link order in some cases with -lhdf5
Darshan 1.1.13 is now available on the download page.
- improved mapping of file records to mount points
- new page in darshan-job-summary.pl output showing timelines of file access
- bug fix to “fast” mpif90 script
- checkpoint/restart ability in parallel fsstats script
Darshan 1.1.12 is now available on the download page.
- Bug fix for lseek, pread, and pwrite when used in 32 applications without large file support
- Improved experimental darshan-gen-cc.pl script
- Added new experimental darshan-gen-cxx.pl script
Darshan 1.1.11 is now available on the download page.