Comp Math 310, Part B: Optimization
Stat 343: Applied Linear Models.
Note: " ****" = "To be determined"
Important: At this time, most class info is through the UC Chalk Website
First Lecture: Oct 1, 2012. Last lecture: Dec 5, 2012
Class Meets: M-W **--** pm, *****.
Office Hours: M-W **-** pm, Searle 104, or by appointment.
- Primary: JJ Faraway (2004) Linear models with R, Chapman & Hall/CRC
- Secondary: S. Weisberg (2005) Applied Linear Regression, Third Edition. Freely available online for members of the university community.
- Older free version of textbook 1: Faraway "Practical Regression and Anova using R"
- Paradis: A beginner guide to R
- CRAN R-project website.
- R hints for Matlab users (such as me).
What I assume is known by the students.
- Linear algebra.
- (less extent) Multivariate calculus
- Introductory probability and statistics.