Extended favorite quotes.
- Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow. Benjamin Franklin
- I will prepare and some day my chance will come. Abraham Lincoln
- I feel a bit like the fellow who jumped off the Empire State Building, passed the 50th floor and said, 'Well, so far so good.' John Roberts, about his first year as Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.
- It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit. Harry S. Truman
- We don't want to think, we want to know. Ving Rhames as Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.
- The key to managing crises is to keep an eye on the long term while you’re dancing in the flames. Sir Philip Hampton, from "Casino Royal", the Economist, Jan 29, 2009.
- The time to mend the roof is when the sun is shining. John F. Kennedy.
- One does not learn a craft. One steals it. Romanian saying, approximate translation.
- Life, we learn too late, is in the living, the tissue of every day and hour. Stephen Leacock.
- Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success. Jared Jussim as Dicky Fox in Jerry Maguire.
- Roll with the punches. Tommorrow is another day. Jared Jussim as Dicky Fox in Jerry Maguire.
- The worst thing you can do for those you love is the things they could and should do themselves. Abraham Lincoln
- If you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it. Abraham Lincoln.
- Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming. John Wooden.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln
- Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.Abraham Lincoln.
- Every one desires to live long, but no one would be old. Abraham Lincoln.
- I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back. Abraham Lincoln
- We mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor. Declaration of Independence.
- What is the point of living in L.A. if you're not in the movie business? Delroy Lindo as Bo Catlett in Get Shorty.
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you got. H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- General Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk; and now, sir, we stand by each other always.William T. Sherman