Cosmin G. Petra
Asst. computational mathematician @ LANS @ MCS @ ANL
- 2012-present - Asst. computational mathematician, MCS Division, Argonne National Laboratory.
- 2015-present - Adjunct Asst. Professor, School Of Natural Sciencies, University of California, Merced.
- 2009-2012 - Postdoctoral Appointee, MCS Division, Argonne National Laboratory.
- 2006-2009 Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics - University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland
- 2005-2006 M.S. in Applied Mathematics - University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1998-2002 B.S. in Mathematics and Computer Science - Universitatea Babeş-Bolyai, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Honorable mention - COAP 2011 Best Paper Prize
- DOE Incite Award 2012-2013, 24 million core hours
- 2013 COIN-OR INFORMS Cup
- COAP 2013 Best Paper Prize
- High-performance computing algorithms for large scale optimization
- Optimization, control, and design under uncertainty
- Scientific computing and extreme-scale computing
- Uncertainty quantification
- N. Petra, C. G. Petra, Z. Zhang, E. M. Constantinescu, and M. Anitescu, A Bayesian Approach for Parameter Estimation with Uncertainty for Dynamic Power Systems , submitted, 2016. ANL Preprint. A Bayesian Approach for Parameter Estimation with Uncertainty for Dynamic Power Systems, submitted, 2016. ANL Preprint.
- C. G. Petra, F. A. Potra, A Homogeneous Model for Monotone Mixed Horizontal Linear Complementarity Problems, submitted to SIAM Journal on Optimization, 2015. ANL preprint.
- C. G. Petra, V. M. Zavala, E. N. Ruiz, M. Anitescu, Economic Impacts of Wind Covariance Estimation on Power Grid Operations. submitted to IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, 2015. ANL preprint.
- J. Huchette, M. Lubin, C. G. Petra, Parallel algebraic modeling for stochastic optimization. The First Workshop for High Performance Technical Computing in Dynamic Languages (HPTCDL), Supercomputing 2014. ANL preprint.
- C. G. Petra, Olaf Schenk, M. Lubin, K. Gaertner. An augmented incomplete factorization approach for computing the Schur complement in stochastic optimization. SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 36-2, pages C139-C162, 2014. DOI.
Recent talks (selected)
- Scalable optimization of complex energy systems using high-performance computing, Joint Mathematics Meeting (2016)
- Parallel algebraic modelling for stochastic optimization in Julia, Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing Conference (2015)
- Stochastic optimization of complex energy systems on high-performance computers, Informs Computing Society (2015)
- On the role of wind correlation in the economic dispatch of power grid systems, SIAM CSE (2015), SIAM UQ (2014)