The 13th INFORMS Computing Society Conference (ICS) took place January 6th – 8th, 2013, at the Eldorado Hotel and Spa in Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. The INFORMS Computing Society is the INFORMS society addressing the interface of Operations Research and computing. The conference was co-chaired by the MACS PI Jean-Paul Watson.
Under the theme “Modeling and Analytics for the Real World”, the conference focused on the interface between computer science, artificial intelligence, operations research, and management science emphasizing both theoretical and applied work relating to this interface.
Several M2ACS members were present and gave talks:
- Jeff Linderoth, “Operations Research and the Cloud” (Advanced Tutorial)
- James Luedtke, “Production Planning With Increasing By-Products: MINLP Formulations and MILP Approximations”
- Jean-Paul Watson, “Scalable Parallel Solution of Stochastic Unit Commitment via Scenario-Based Decomposition”
- Paul Hovland, “Optimization for Derivatives, Derivatives for Optimization”
- Cosmin Petra, “Stochastic Optimization of Complex Energy Systems on High-Performance Computers”
- Victor Zavala, “Interior-Point Algorithms for Stochastic Programs Using Scenario Clustering”