Accelerators and Hybrid Exascale Systems (AsHES)
IPDPS 2013: IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners who are involved in application studies for accelerators and other hybrid systems, to learn the opportunities and challenges in future design trends for HPC applications and systems.
We are soliciting contributions in areas including but not limited to:
- Characterizing strategies for implementing and optimizing HPC applications for accelerators.
- Techniques for optimizing kernels for execution on GPUs and future hybrid platforms.
- Modeling of applications running on accelerators and hybrid HPC systems.
- Implication of workload characterization in hybrid design issues.
- Benchmarking and performance evaluation for accelerator units.
- Tools and techniques to assist application development for accelerators and hybrid processors.
- System software techniques to abstract application domain-specific functionalities for accelerators.
The proceedings of this workshop will be published electronically together with with IPDPS proceedings via the IEEE Xplore Digital Library.
Submitted manuscripts may not exceed 10 single-spaced double-column pages using 10-point size font on 8.5x11 inch pages (IEEE conference style), including figures, tables, and references. See the style templates for latex or word for details.
Submissions will be judged based on relevance, significance, originality, correctness and clarity.
Submissions can be made at this link.
Journal Special Issue
The best papers of AsHES 2013 will be included in a
Jan. 11, 2013 Jan. 22, 2013
Rebuttal Deadline: Feb. 18, 2013 AOE
Author Notification: Feb. 28, 2013
Camera-Ready Deadline: Mar. 8, 2013
Workshop: May 20, 2013
ASHES steering committee