The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in parallel programming models and systems software for high-end computing architectures. Please join us in a discussion of new ideas, experiences, and the latest trends in these areas at the workshop.
Topics of Interest
The focus areas for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Systems software for high-end scientific and
enterprise computing architectures
- Communication sub-subsystems for high-end computing
- High-performance File and storage systems
- Fault-tolerance techniques and implementations
- Efficient and high-performance virtualization and other management mechanisms for high-end computing
- Programming models and their high-performance
- MPI, Sockets, OpenMP, Global Arrays, X10, UPC, Chapel, Fortress and others
- Hybrid Programming Models
- Tools for Management, Maintenance, Coordination and
- Software for Enterprise Data-centers using Modern Architectures
- Job scheduling libraries
- Management libraries for large-scale system
- Toolkits for process and task coordination on modern platforms
- Performance evaluation, analysis and modeling of emerging computing platforms
Proceedings of this workshop will be published in CD format only and will be available at the conference (together with the ICPP conference proceedings).
The published papers will be available at the conference in CD format, and will be submitted to the IEEE CS Digital Library.
Submissions should be in PDF format in U.S. letter size paper, and should be formatted according to the IEEE standard double-column format with a font size 10 pt or larger. They should not exceed 10 pages (all inclusive). Submissions will be judged based on relevance, significance, originality, correctness and clarity.
Submissions can be made at this link.
Journal Special Issue
The best papers of P2S2-2013 will be included in a Special Issue on Parallel Programming Models and Systems Software of the Journal of Supercomputing (JoSC), edited by Abhinav Vishnu, Pavan Balaji, and Yong Chen. This special issue is dedicated for the papers accepted in the P2S2 workshop. The submission to this special issue is by invitation only.
March 15th, 2013 extended to April 19th, 2013 Anywhere on Earth
Author Notification: May 21st, 2013
Camera-Ready Copy: July 12th, 2013
Workshop Date: Oct 1st, 2013
Copyright (C): Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory