The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in parallel programming models and systems software for high-end computing architectures. Please join us in a discussion of new ideas, experiences, and the latest trends in these areas at the workshop.
Topics of Interest
The focus areas for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Systems software for high-end scientific and
enterprise computing architectures
- Communication sub-subsystems for high-end computing
- High-performance File and storage systems
- Fault-tolerance techniques and implementations
- Efficient and high-performance virtualization and other management mechanisms for high-end computing
- Programming models and their high-performance
- MPI, Sockets, OpenMP, Global Arrays, X10, UPC, CAF, Chapel, and others
- Hybrid Programming Models
- Tools for Management, Maintenance, Coordination and
- Software for Enterprise Data-centers using Modern Architectures
- Job scheduling libraries
- Management libraries for large-scale system
- Toolkits for process and task coordination on modern platforms
- Performance evaluation, analysis and modeling of emerging computing platforms
The workshop proceedings will be published in the ACM Digital Library, together with the ICPP conference proceedings. Full PDFs are available at: https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3229710. You can also download the proceedings tarball at http://oaciss.uoregon.edu/icpp18/program2.php.
Submissions should be in PDF format in U.S. letter size paper, and should be formatted in a double-column format with a font size 10 pt or larger. They should not exceed 10 pages (all inclusive). Please follow the ACM format located at https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template. Submissions will be judged based on relevance, significance, originality, correctness and clarity.
The paper submission online system is open:  https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=p2s22018
Journal Special Issue
The P2S2-2018 workshop papers will be invited to extend the manuscripts to be considered for a Special Issue on Parallel Programming Models and Systems Software of the Elsevier International Journal of Parallel Computing (PARCO), edited by Min Si, Abhinav Vishnu, and Yong Chen. This special issue is dedicated for the papers accepted in the P2S2 workshop. The submission to this special issue is by invitation only.
April 2nd, 2018 (Monday) *FINAL DEADLINE* April 20th, 2018 (Friday), Anywhere on Earth
Author Notification: May 21st, 2018 (Monday)
May 31st, 2018 June 14th, 2018 (Thursday)
Workshop Dates: August 13th, 2018
Copyright (C): Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory