[Paper submissions are now closed]
Following the successes of the series of Cluster conferences, for 2015 we solicit high-quality original papers presenting work that advances the state-of-the-art in clusters and closely related fields. All papers will be rigorously peer-reviewed for their originality, technical depth and correctness, potential impact, relevance to the conference, and quality of presentation. Research papers must clearly demonstrate research contributions and novelty, while papers reporting experience must clearly describe lessons learned and impact, along with the utility of the approach compared to the ones in the past.
Area 1: Applications, Algorithms, and Libraries
- HPC Applications on Clusters
- Performance Modeling and Measurement
- Novel Algorithms on Clusters
- Hybrid Programming Techniques (MPI+OpenMP, MPI+OpenCL, etc.)
- Cluster Benchmarks
- Application-level Libraries on Clusters
- Effective Use of Clusters in Novel Applications
- Performance Evaluation Tools
Area 2: Architecture, Networks/Communication, and Management
- Energy-efficient Cluster Architectures
- Node and System Architecture
- Packaging, Power and Cooling
- GPU/ManyCore and Heterogeneous Clusters
- Interconnect/memory Architectures
- Single System Image Clusters
- Administration and Maintenance Tools
Area 3: Programming and System Software
- Cluster System Software/Operating Systems
- Cloud-enabling Cluster Technologies and Virtualization
- Energy-efficient Middleware
- Cluster System-level Protocols and APIs
- Cluster Security
- Resource and Job Management
- Programming and Software Development Environment on Clusters
- Fault Tolerance and High-availability
Area 4: Data, Storage, and Visualization
- Cluster Architecture for Big Data Storage and Processing
- Middleware for Big Data Management
- Cluster-based Cloud Architecture for Big Data
- File Systems and I/O Libraries
- Support and Integration of Non-Volatile Memory
- Visualization Clusters and Tiled Displays
- Big Data Visualization Tools
- Programming Models for Big Data Processing
- Big Data Application Studies on Cluster Architectures
Authors are invited to submit papers electronically in PDF format. Submitted manuscripts should be structured as technical papers and may not exceed 10 letter-size (8.5 x 11) pages including figures, tables and references using the IEEE Computer Society format for conference proceedings. Submissions not conforming to these guidelines may be returned without review. Authors should make sure that their file will print on a printer that uses letter-size (8.5 x 11) paper. The official language of the conference is English. All manuscripts will be reviewed and will be judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference attendees.
Paper submissions are limited to 10 pages in 2-column IEEE format, including all figures and references. Submitted manuscripts exceeding this limit will be returned without review. For the final camera-ready version, authors with accepted papers may purchase up to two additional pages at an additional charge of 200 USD per page. See formatting templates for details:
- LaTex package and word template are available from here
Submitted papers must represent original unpublished research that is not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers not following these guidelines will be rejected without review and further action may be taken, including (but not limited to) notifications sent to the heads of the institutions of the authors and sponsors of the conference. Submissions received after the due date, exceeding the page limit, or not appropriately structured may not be considered. Authors may contact the conference chairs for more information. The proceedings will be published through the IEEE Computer Society Conference Publishing Services.
Please submit your paper via the EasyChair submission system:
Journal Special Issue
The best papers of Cluster 2015 will be included in a Special Issue on advances in topics related to cluster computing of the Elsevier International Journal of Parallel Computing (PARCO), edited by Pavan Balaji, Satoshi Matsuoka, and Michela Taufer. This special issue is dedicated for the papers accepted in the Cluster 2015 conference. The submission to this special issue is by invitation only.
See the Important Dates page.
Cluster 2015 Program Chair
Satoshi Matsuoka, Tokyo Institute of Technology (matsu AT is.titech.ac.jp).