Grid Toolkit 2.2
Released: June 1,
If you have installed
the alpha or beta you should uninstall them, which will possibly break
any previous versions of the software you might have installed.
Note: The release packages include platform-specific versions of the media
services (VideoService, etc.). Multi-machine nodes running with multiple operating
systems require the following update to operate correctly.
To install the update, unzip the file to a directory and, as an administrator, execute the install.py script. This
will copy the updated service packages to the proper location in your Access Grid installation. This only needs to be done on the machine where the VenueClient (and therefore the NodeService) will execute.
- Updated to Python 2.3 (2.2 still supported on legacy
- Update to the latest SOAPpy
- Update to newer pyGlobus and Globus Toolkit (on linux)
- New packaging
- Streamlined Certificate Management User Interfaces
- Support for Service Certificates
- Support for an Anonymous Certificate Request
- New Node Service Packaging, which supports more flexible Node Services
- Shared Applications Developers Tools, Examples and a Programmers
- A Venue Client Control Interface (so the Venue Client can
be programmatically controlled)
- Windows support for launching the Venue
Client from a web browser.
- Usage logging in the Venue Server
- Automatic reconnection for the Venue Client
- Double clicking app packages will install
them automatically, but,
in order to do so you must right click the applications
label in the content panel.
- Venue Management Tool rewrites address
- Rat doesn't build with gcc 3.3.2
- Detection of some video devices on windows is not working, anything
that maps to the video for windows device should work.
To report any bugs or feature requests, please use our bugzilla server