- This version is included in MPICH 1.1.1 and HP MPI 1.4.
- Added support for NEC SX-4 and created a new device ad_sfs for
NEC SFS file system.
- New devices ad_hfs for HP HFS file system and ad_xfs for SGI XFS file system.
- Users no longer need to prefix the filename with the type of
file system; ROMIO determines the file-system type on its own.
- Added support for 64-bit file sizes on IBM PIOFS, SGI XFS,
HP HFS, and NEC SFS file systems.
- MPI_Offset is an 8-byte integer on machines that support
8-byte integers. It is of type long long in C and integer*8 in Fortran. With a Fortran 90 compiler, you can use either
integer*8 or integer(kind=MPI_OFFSET_KIND).
If you printf an MPI_Offset in C, remember to use %lld
or %ld as required by your compiler. (See what is used in the test
On some machines, ROMIO detects at configure time that long long is
either not supported by the C compiler or it doesn't work properly.
In such cases, configure sets MPI_Offset to long in C and integer in Fortran. This happens on Intel Paragon, Sun4, and FreeBSD.
- Added support for passing hints to the implementation via the
MPI_Info parameter. ROMIO understands the following hints (keys
in MPI_Info object):
ind_wr_buffer_size (on all but IBM PIOFS),
striping_factor (on PFS and PIOFS),
striping_unit (on PFS and PIOFS),
start_iodevice (on PFS and PIOFS),
and pfs_svr_buf (on PFS only).