The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in parallel programming models and systems software for high-end computing architectures. Please join us in a discussion of new ideas, experiences, and the latest trends in these areas at the workshop.
Topics of Interest
The focus areas for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Systems software for high-end scientific and
enterprise computing architectures
- Communication sub-subsystems for high-end computing
- High-performance File and storage systems
- Fault-tolerance techniques and implementations
- Efficient and high-performance virtualization and other management mechanisms for high-end computing
- Programming models and their high-performance
- MPI, Sockets, OpenMP, Global Arrays, X10, UPC, CAF, Chapel, and others
- Hybrid Programming Models
- Tools for Management, Maintenance, Coordination and
- Software for Enterprise Data-centers using Modern Architectures
- Job scheduling libraries
- Management libraries for large-scale system
- Toolkits for process and task coordination on modern platforms
- Performance evaluation, analysis and modeling of emerging computing platforms
Proceedings of this workshop will be published in CD format only and will be available at the conference (together with the ICPP conference proceedings).
The published papers will be available at the conference in CD format, and will be submitted to the IEEE CS Digital Library.
Submissions should be in PDF format in U.S. letter size paper, and should be formatted in a double-column format with a font size 10 pt or larger. They should not exceed 10 pages (all inclusive). Submissions will be judged based on relevance, significance, originality, correctness and clarity.
The paper submission online system is open:  https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=p2s22016
Journal Special Issue
The P2S2-2016 workshop papers will be invited to extend the manuscripts to be considered for a Special Issue on Parallel Programming Models and Systems Software of the Elsevier International Journal of Parallel Computing (PARCO), edited by Abhinav Vishnu, Yong Chen and Pavan Balaji. This special issue is dedicated for the papers accepted in the P2S2 workshop. The submission to this special issue is by invitation only and the submission deadline is tentatively set as August 10th, 2016.
Feb 20th, 2016
(extended to April 1st, 2016) Anywhere on Earth
Author Notification: May 10th, 2016
Camera-Ready Copy: June 3rd, 2016
Workshop Dates: Aug 16th, 2016
Copyright (C): Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Laboratory