Call for posters
We are soliciting poster submissions for EuroMPI/USA 2017 from users, developers and researchers concerning their work in message-passing parallel computing, in particular in and related to the Message Passing Interface (MPI).
The posters session is an excellent opportunity to engage the community to discuss new ideas and latest results that aren't necessarily ready to be full papers. We are interested in posters that cover the topics of interest of the EuroMPI/USA 2017 conference. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation Issues
- MPI implementation issues and improvements towards exascale computing, such as manycores, GPGPU, and heterogeneous architectures.
- Interaction between message-passing software and hardware, in particular new high-performance architectures.
- New MPI-IO mechanisms and I/O stack optimizations.
- Programming Models
- Extensions to and shortcomings of MPI.
- Hybrid and heterogeneous programming with MPI and other interfaces.
- MPI support for data-intensive parallel applications.
- Fault tolerance in message-passing implementations and systems.
- New programming paradigms implemented over MPI, like hierarchical programming and global address spaces
- MPI parallel programming in clouds.
- Applications and Performance
- Performance evaluation for MPI and MPI-based applications.
- Automatic performance tuning of MPI applications and implementations.
- Verification of message-passing applications and protocols.
- Applications using message passing, in particular in computational science and scientific computing.
- Parallel algorithms in the message-passing paradigm.
- MPI applications performance on clouds.
Accepted posters will be presented in 5-minute lightning talks and displayed during the conference. The poster session will be held on September 26, 2017. Electronic versions of the posters will be available on the EuroMPI/USA website after the conference.
Important Dates (tentative):
- Posters submissions due date:
June 30, 2017 July 21, 2017
- Posters author notification date: August 4, 2017
- Late-Breaking Posters submissions due date: September 6, 2017
- Late-Breaking Posters notification date: September 10, 2017
Poster submissions should be submitted to the conference submission site and will consist of::
- A short abstract (175 word maximum)
- An extended abstract (2 pages maximum, including figures and references, and formatted according to the "sigconf" style in the ACM 2017 Template)
- A poster draft (3’x4’). Note that complete results are not necessary. It is acceptable to have placeholders for last-minute results.
EuroMPI/USA 2017 Posters Chair:
Kathryn Mohror, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
EuroMPI/USA 2017 Posters Committee
The full list of the EuroMPI/USA 2017 Posters Committee can be found here.