We are happy to announce the release of CODES version 1.0.0. This release comes after an year of the last release (0.6.0). The major updates and features include:
- Adding support for dragonfly-plus network model. Multiple forms of routing (progressive adaptive, minimal, non-minimal-spine and leaf) have been implemented. https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/codes/codes/wikis/dragonfly-plus
- Adding support for express mesh network model, which can be configured as hyperX.
- Adding support for Multi-plane/rail in fat-tree via multiple single port NICs per compute node or one multi-port NIC per node.
- Adding a generic template for building new network models. For simplest case, only 2 functions and premable changes should suffice to add a new network. Updated Express Mesh network model to serve as an example. For details, see src/networks/model-net/net-template.C
- Darshan workload generator has been updated to use Darshan version 3.x.
- Network models have been updated to capture simulation statistics over virtual time using ROSS/CODES instrumentation. For details, see: https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/codes/codes/wikis/Using-ROSS-Instrumentation-with-CODES
- Compatible with ROSS version that enables statistics collection of simulation performance. For details see: http://carothersc.github.io/ROSS/instrumentation/instrumentation.html
- Online workload replay functionality has been added that allows SWM workloads to be simulated insitu on the network models. WIP to integrate Conceptual domain specific language for network communication.
- Multiple traffic patterns were added in the background traffic generation including stencil, all-to-all and random permutation.
- Performance tuning enabled for optimistic mode. For details, see: https://xgitlab.cels.anl.gov/codes/codes/wikis/Optimistic-Performance-Tuning-Tips
The release is available for download here.